giovedì 7 febbraio 2013

BOOK REVIEW: V is For Virgin

Title: V is for Virgin
Author: Kelly Oram




Description:

 When Val Jensen gets dumped for her decision to stay a virgin until marriage, the nasty breakup goes viral on YouTube, making her the latest internet sensation.

After days of ridicule from her peers, Val starts a school-wide campaign to rally support for her cause. She meant to make a statement, but she never dreamed the entire nation would get caught up in the controversy.

As if becoming nationally recognized as “Virgin Val” isn’t enough, Val’s already hectic life starts to spin wildly out of control when bad boy Kyle Hamilton, lead singer for the hit rock band Tralse, decides to take her abstinence as a personal challenge.

How can a girl stay true to herself when this year’s Sexiest Man Alive is doing everything in his power to win her over?


Review:

I really loved this book! It was fun, sweet and sexy all at the same time!
I really liked Valerie, and felt proud of her choice and that she was able to keep her promise to herself. Although I didn't really agree with her choice completely. In her case though it worked, even while she kind of suffered through it, it all worked out in the end.
I can't say I totally liked Kyle, but he was charming and sexy, I have to give him that. And it was clear he somehow loved Valerie, but I also know he wasn't ready for her yet. As she wasn't ready for him yet either. They needed to grow up and come to understand their feelings for each other.
I kind of liked Cara in the beginning, but then about halfway through the book I came to think she was just too selfish. Friendship needs two people to make it work. And understanding. And supporting. She had to understand Val and support her in all her work. That project for her was important.
I liked Isaac, Robin and Stephanie. They really were good friends. Isaac was a sweet guy and I was happy for him and Val at first, but I knew it couldn't last. It was clear there wasn't that kind of love between them. They were great friends and he cared for her a lot. And she for him. But they weren't soul mate. They weren't destined to be lovers.
I also liked Shane.
I've also come to kind of like Olivia in the end. Just a little bit.
And even Zach. Though he's been a jerk with Val at first. Totally heartless.
The epilogue was sweet but left me wanting more. I wasn't completely satisfied. I wanted to see more. It felt a little rushed. But still good nontheless. I supppose it might have been just me wanting to see more of Kyle and Val. I didn't really want it to end. That's a good thing I like about books. That means I really enjoyed the story. I would have given it 5 stars if not for the fact that I felt the final was a little rushed. But still a good 4.25 stars for me.


***4.25 stars*** 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento