lunedì 9 maggio 2011

BOOKS REVIEW: Foreplay / Gentlemen Prefer Succubi

Title: Foreplay
Author: Jill Myles
Series: Succubus Diaries (Prequel)





Description:

How did Jackie Brighton get turned into a succubus? She can’t remember – all she knows is that she woke up in a Dumpster. This short story tells the tale of that night, and sheds a little light on her masters’ motivations...

Review:

This one's a short story and it explains how Jackie get turned into a Succubus.
I really liked this short story, and although short, it was full of emotions and was maybe even better than the books that follow it.
Obviously, it is better to read this first, before start with Book One "Gentlemen Prefer Succubi".

***4.5 stars***



Title: Gentlemen Prefer Succubi
Author: Jill Myles
Series: Succubus Diaries (Book One)





Description:

Who Knew An Angel Could Get A Girl In So Much Devilish Trouble?

Jackie Brighton woke up in a Dumpster this morning, and her day has only gotten weirder. Her familiar B-cups have somehow become double Ds, her sex drive is insatiable, and apparently she had her fi rst one-night stand ever...with a fallen angel. All she remembers is gorgeous Noah's oddly hypnotic blue eyes...and then a dark stranger whose bite transformed her into an immortal siren with a sexy Itch. With help from Noah, Jackie begins to adapt to her new lifestyle — until she accidentally sends Noah into the deadly clutches of the vampire queen and lands herself in a fi erce battle for an ancient halo with the queen's wickedly hot righthand man. Who just happens to be the vampire who originally bit her. How's a girl supposed to save the world when the enemy's so hard to resist?


Review:

God, I loved this book! I really, really enjoyed it!

I immediately liked Noah: the sexy, sweet, tender, caring fallen angel of my dreams!

Zane the Vampire: In the beginning I didn't like him, I found him a bit arrogant and selfish, although sexy and tempting as hell! Hmmmm....

Jackie: a horny, kinky, a bit stupid, funny succubus, she made me laugh so much with her weird manners and behaviour. Always ready to jump some bones....

Jackie and Noah: Deliciously hot and sweet and tender relationship, born from a weird night of mindblowing sex, but growing in something more than mere lust while they get to know each other. I love them together!

Jackie and Zane: Even though I find him hot and tempting, I'm not sure about them together.. Obviously they're drown to each other more than sexually, but I don't know if we can fully trust him...

I'm rating this book 4 stars but I think it would deserve more... Perhaps not 5 stars like my beloved "Succubus Blues" by Richelle Mead (it will always be my favorite, no matter what!) but maybe 4.5 stars yes!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

***4 stars***

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento