sabato 19 novembre 2011

BOOK REVIEW: Creatura


Title: Creatura
Author: Nely Cab
Series: Creatura (Book One)

I won this as a free ebook last month on Goodreads.com And I have to say Thanks a lot to Nely Cab, with all my heart, for this gift! :) I Love you! :)
This book is A M A Z I N G !!!






Description:

When seventeen year-old Isis Martin is having trouble sleeping due to perturbing dreams of a horrific growling beast, she decides to confront her fear. But what Isis discovers is something other than a menacing entity.
The human-like creature offers Isis assurance that he is not a figment of her imagination. Unwilling to accept his avowal, Isis sets his words to contest by asking the entity to prove himself - a dare, he readily welcomes.
It is in her dreams that Isis innocently stumbles upon the silent existence of the divine lineage of those that man has long forgotten.
In a quaint town, deep in south Texas, this story leads Isis onto the path of impermissible love and captivating life-changing truths. Isis Martin's journey is sure to leave any reader ravenous for more.


Review:
What can I say? I just finished to read this book and... WOW!!!
This is one the most amazing books ever read in my life! It went straight to my "favorites" shelf!

Where to start??

I fell in love with this book after reading only the 1st chapter!
I had a smile stuck on my face for almost the entire time I was reading, and I even chuckled like silly many times! Isis and David were just too funny!

Like this scene (one of my favorites):

I tried opening the door to the car again, forgetting the darned thing would not open. “You need to get this door fixed,” I nagged.
“It’s not broken, my lovely,” David grinned.
“Then why won’t it open?”
“Child locks to keep the princess from opening the door herself.” He gave me a crooked smile.
“Oh,” I blushed.

I just couldn't stop chuckling for about 10 minutes! He reminded me of someone I know :)

Going back to the book:
Golden boy -or Dream boy- (David) is just fantastic! :D He is just to die for! Why? Tall, black hair, blue eyes, gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, sweet sweet sweet and caring! He is a God! (Ha! :D)
I loved his sweetness, his ways... he always made me smile and his actions and the way he courted Isis made my heart melt! Wow! He is perfect! Needless to say, I fell in love with him!

What about this...?

“I’ll not tire until I’ve claimed your heart,” he whispered into my hair. “And that is both a promise and a threat.” I could feel his warm breath against my cheek as he spoke.

Or this...?

“Will you be mine forever?” The words escaped my lips.
“And evermore.” He replied kissing my forehead.

Ain't he delicious? :)

Let's talk about Isis:
I like her. Not always though... like, sometimes she is so naive, for God's sake! She acted like a silly girl without sense of preservation when it came to Gabriel. She really couldn't see the danger she was putting herself and other people into! But that issue aside, I found her quite funny and sometimes she reminded of me. ;) Let's not talk about the hilarious scene of her showing up for breakfast in front of David with her t-shirt inside out and backwards! xD hahahaha! Couldn't stop laughing at her silliness! Poor girl! I think I've had poor figures quite alike hers or even worse in my life! Like, falling from the stairs at school in front of two girls never seen and having them laughing at me while I blushed like a tomato! No comment, please! -_-'

Claire was okay. And I envy their mother-daughter relationship too. Even though sometimes Claire got on my nerves for overeacting too much... too many times! For God's sake Isis's not going to get pregnant at seventeen!

Nyx was also okay, tough she kinda creeped me out a little at first...

The Gemini.... Eryx is okay I guess.. we didn't get to know him much better but he seemed a nice guy ;)
Galen... No comment!

Alezzander.... Well, let me just say I was terrified when I (we) first met him! And I almost clapped at Nyx for doing what she did! (Like I'm going to tell you what! Not gonna happen!)
But after he understood he was wrong and asked Isis for forgiveness, he wasn't that bad.

What about the end???
Nely, I love you, you know that, but... why did you do that to me??? You left me there hanging on that cliff... not knowing what is my fate... erm... Isis fate! What -and how- happened to her? To her eyes? Was it a dream? Or reality? Just tell me it was a dream!
And now I want to read the 2nd book! You can't leave me here this way!!! :( I'm going to cry! :(
When will I be able to read the sequel? Please tell me SOON!!! A Christmas gift! Or a Birthday's gift! (since they're close anyway!) Oh, please Nely! I beg you to let me read the next book! *big sweet eyes*

***5 stars***

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento