mercoledì 6 aprile 2011

REVIEW BOOK: Storm Born

Title: Storm Born
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Dark Swan (Book One)





Description:

Just typical. No love life to speak of for months, then all at once, every horny creature in the Otherworld wants to get in your pants...

Eugenie Markham is a powerful shaman who does a brisk trade banishing spirits and fey who cross into the mortal world. Mercenary, yes, but a girl's got to eat. Her most recent case, however, is enough to ruin her appetite. Hired to find a teenager who has been taken to the Otherworld, Eugenie comes face to face with a startling prophecy--one that uncovers dark secrets about her past and claims that Eugenie's first-born will threaten the future of the world as she knows it.

Now Eugenie is a hot target for every ambitious demon and Otherworldy ne'er-do-well, and the ones who don't want to knock her up want her dead. Eugenie handles a Glock as smoothly as she wields a wand, but she needs some formidable allies for a job like this. She finds them in Dorian, a seductive fairy king with a taste for bondage, and Kiyo, a gorgeous shape-shifter who redefines animal attraction. But with enemies growing bolder and time running out, Eugenie realizes that the greatest danger is yet to come, and it lies in the dark powers that are stirring to life within her...


Review:

Richelle Mead is one of my most loved writers. I think that Georgina Kincaid's is the best Series ever! But now I like the Dark Swan Series too. Even if not as much as the Georgina Kincaid Series. That will never happen!
But let's talk about this book now!
Eugenie is sensual, brave, full of energy, ready to live new experiences...
Kiyo is hot, sweet, brave, very protective towards Eugenie (and unfortunately towards his ex-girlfriend too!), and I liked him from the beginning!
Dorian is charming, funny, has a very twisted mind (I can't understand his goals very well yet) and has a "thing" for bondage! In the beginning I didn't like him, but then, later, I ended up loving him!
When Eugenie e Kiyo met, I started to wish they end up together and when they do indeed, I enjoyed them! Their moments together are very hot and at the same time sweet! His possessiveness is heart-melting!
And when Eugenie decides to have sex with Dorian I was so mad at her, I wanted to scream "You crazy woman, what are you doing??!!!" But then I enjoyed the moment too, when I admitted to myself that I liked Dorian as well as Kiyo. I'm so fucked up that I wanted them both! hahahaha!
The story is fascinating. I like the fact that Eugenie (and not only her) can travel through the Otherworld and the Underworld...
And finally, I really liked her short trip in the Underworld to take Kiyo back...

***3.5 stars***

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento