lunedì 25 febbraio 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Awkward

Title: Awkward
Author: Marni Bates




Description:

Mackenzie Wellesley has spent her life avoiding the spotlight. At Smith High, she's the awkward junior people only notice when they need help with homework. Until she sends a burly football player flying with her massive backpack and makes a disastrous - not to mention unwelcome - attempt at CPR. Before the day is out, the whole fiasco explodes on YouTube. And then the strangest thing happens. Suddenly, Mackenzie is an Internet sensation, with four million hits and counting. Sucked into a whirlwind of rock stars, paparazzi, and free designer clothes, she even catches the eye of the most popular guy at school. And that's when life gets really interesting...


Review:

Oh. My. Goddess!!! I really liked this book! I didn't think I would. I mean, when I read the plot I thought it was interesting and would probably be a nice read, but then I actually liked it. And the character too. Though I can't say I always liked Logan. Sometimes I didn't. Particularly when Chelsea was involved somehow. Stupid boys.
Anyway, I liked the main character Mackenzie, she was smart, a little awkward like me, and I liked how she reacted to the things that came to her. She was brave and tough. And a good girl, with a big heart. And I also liked Corey and Jane. The band too was awesome, especially Timothy. Mackenzie's mother was nice too. Chelsea was a b*tch. Patrick was an asshole. Spencer was very nice, I liked him. Dylan was a crappy brother at first, then got a little better later, but still wasn't one of my favorites.
The story was good and kind of funny. I chuckled often during my reading and had a good time.
Well done! I'm going to check other books by Marni Bates.


***4 stars***  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento