martedì 19 febbraio 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Pushing The Limits

Title: Pushing The Limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Series: Pushing The Limits (Book One)




Description:

 No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


Review:

Wow... this book was so much... It touched me in a way... I can't describe. I felt pain, sadness, betrayal, hope, love, pain, longing, passion, anger... and so much more. I even cried. It was so intense.
The story was very good and touching.
I loved almost all the characters, some more some less. Particularly I loved Noah. Then Echo. I even loved Aires, although he wasn't really there, alive. I liked Lila, Isaiah and Mrs Collins. I couldn't get myself to really like Beth, even when she stopped being a huge b*tch to Echo. But I'm still curious to read her book when it's out. That first teaser chapter actually teased me.
I didn't like Luke at all. And Grace was hateful.
Ashley and Echo's father were puzzling. I saw them through Echos's eyes and they were really bad. But then in the end I started to think they were'nt that bad, and even though they did mistakes, they weren't totally at fault, and it was mostly Echo's way to deal with issues and pain that made her see the bad in Ashley especially.
I was proud of the hoices Noah's made in the end. He really has a big heart and a lot of love to give. He's a sweet guy. And I loved Noah and Echo together. So cute, sweet, passionate and each other's pillar and strenght.
A very good read and 4 stars well deserved.


***4 stars*** 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento