lunedì 7 gennaio 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Wallbanger

Title: Wallbanger
Author: Alice Clayton 




Description:

Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and--was that a meow?--punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick...

In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight.


Review:

I don't even know where to start reviewing this book, it was delicious! It alternated from making me hot to cracking me up with laughter. It was sweet and funny and hot. Although, kind of frustarting as well. Just a little, nearing the end. But I guess it was mostly my issue, not being able to wait to see the ending. I was impatient, probably because this book was sooo long it seemed to take me forever to get to the juicy bit. But then the juicy bit came and... oh my God how hot it was! God, that man is a sex machine made flesh and muscles. And dreamy blue eyes. You gotta love him!
As it was in fact, I loved Simon (the Wallbanger)! What's not to love about him? He's hot. He's got hypnotic blue eyes. He's got a body to die for. He's got stamina. He's cute. He's sweet like honey. He's sex on a stick and every woman's dream/fantasy. No wonder Caroline fell for him so hard and fast. I would have too.
God but they did a beautiful couple! So cute and funny and sweet. I swear, they cracked me up! Especially the names calling. Wallbanger, Cockblocker, Pink Nightie Girl... and what about the Wallbanger Wondercock?! Hahahahahaha!
And the names Caroline called Simon's lovers... Spanx and Giggles were funny but never as much as... Purina! Oh my God, so funny! And how Clive (Caroline's cat) reacted to Purina... it was hilarious!
That cat was so funny! And even more so the scenes about Clive and Caroline "conversating" or how she interpreted his acts and behaviours. Was really funny and from what I saw, probably true.

I liked mostly all the characters. Sophia, Mimi, Jillian... and the other guys (Neil and Riley) were nice too. Benjamin was okay, though we haven't known or seen much of him.
James was okay, but still a little annoying when he called Caroline a "Decorator" instead of "Designer". And he was getting in the way. He had to get the hell out of Caroline and Simon!

The story was original, funny and sexy and I enjoyed every bit of this amazing book. I found myself not being able to stop reading until dawn and trying to stifle my laughs in the middle of the night so I wouldn't wake up my parents in the other room.
I can't even describe how I loved every moment between Caroline and Simon. I even enjoyed their texting when he was away for work. Their innuenods cracked me up. And their moments together set me on fire for how hot they were. And made me all warm and smily for how romantic they were at times. Their cuddlings and his playing her the music from the other side of their wall was sooo sweet!

I think this is one of the most amazing books I've ever read and goes straight to my "Favorites" shelf. You must absolutely read this book!

 
***4.5 stars*** 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento