martedì 8 gennaio 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Reaping Me Softly

Title: Reaping Me Softly (Book One)
Author: Kate Evangelista




Description:

Ever since a near-death-experience on the operating table, seventeen-year-old Arianne Wilson can see dead people. Just as she’s learned to accept her new-found talents, she discovers that the boy she’s had a crush on since freshman year, Niko Clark, is a Reaper.

At last they have something in common, but that doesn’t mean life is getting any easier. All while facing merciless bullying from the most powerful girl in school, Arianne’s world is turned upside down after Niko accidentally reaps the soul of someone she loves. This sends them both into a spiral that threatens to end Arianne’s life. But will Niko break his own Reaper’s code to save her? And what would the consequences be if he did?


Review:

  I can't even start to say how sweet was this book. I totally fell in love with Niko! And the romance between him and Arianne was overwhelming and warmed my heart.
I loved Ari, Niko, Ben, Tammy and Carrie, and in a way I also liked Tomas. I had mixed feelings about Death at first, but in the end I simply loathed him immensely. How cruel was he?!
Darla was very very very mean for a villain. I mean, seriously?
Janika was only doing her job, although she had still a kind of a sick behaviour if you ask me. I think she had serious mental issues.

I loved the storyline and how Ari and Niko's relationship started and developped. And how their love grew and intensified.
I also liked that she was the one kissing him first. That girl was very brave. And I'm not talking just about the kiss, but everything else as well.
And the love Niko and Ari had for each other... Wow! It was heartbreakingly sweet and beautiful.

I didn't like much the ending, but I'm confident they'll find the love for each other again, even with all the complications and obstacles they'll find in their way. At least, I hope so.
I can't wait to read the sequel and I'm well aware I'll probably have to wait several months. Huh... I'll have to keep myself busy until then.

 
***3.5 stars***


Unreap Me will be Book Two.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento