mercoledì 9 gennaio 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Bad Rep

Title: Bad Rep
Author: A. Meredith Walters




Description:

"Who gives a damn about their reputation? Oh, that would be me! Especially since mine had gone straight to hell in the span of thirty minutes".

Maysie Ardin is soaking up the summer before her junior year of college, shopping, hanging by the pool and shopping some more. But when her black belt in spending lands her in trouble with her parents, she is forced to take a second job at a local bar to dig herself out of a deep financial pit.

She thought she’d be miserable. But then Maysie didn’t count on Jordan Levitt, the hot, pierced and tattooed, drum playing bartender who also happens to be very interested in her. And the feelings are totally mutual.

It had the makings of the perfect romantic set up. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Boy has girlfriend? Okay, maybe not.

But attraction is a hard thing to ignore and soon Jordan and Maysie find themselves in the middle of a gossip induced firestorm. Maysie has to learn whether she can set aside her fear of public disapproval in order to be with the one she wants. Or will she let the opinions of others dictate her life and her heart?


Review:

I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked it, and yet I soert of didn't.
It started off kind of nice with Maysie and Jordan first meeting at the bar. And it was fun seeing them flirt. I could admit Jordan was very charming and sexy. But then all changed when the lie (or "omission") came out and I started to think of him as a bit of a jerk and I just can't stand guys who lie to get in a girl's pants.
Then I got tangled in the sexual tension/attraction/connection that those two exuded/shared every each time they were in the same room. God, that was hot! That guy was sex on a stick! And Maysie reacted to him like a magnet. I liked it.

I also loved how sweet and romantic Jordan was. Even though some of his acts got on my nerves and seemed like he didn't really care about how she would feel or react to something he did/said. Though, admittedly, the person who got most on my nerves was Maysie. God, that girl was frustratingly stupid and selfish! And, girl, can you get a grip and think of how youfeel and want and not to what others think about you or what you do?! Live your life not caring how others think of you. That's my motto. I hardly care about what other people may think of me or my behaviour. You can't live depending on other people's feeling or thoughts. Sometimes there are just some things much more important than getting other people's respect or trying to get them to like you. Love is one of those things. Especially if that's the kind of love that sweep you off your feet, much like in this case.

Anyway, I had a hard time reading the lst half part of the book because of how infuriated and frustrated it made me. There were moments where I just wanted to turn off my laptop and just stop reading this frustrating book. I have the feeling it might have been me the problem. I mean, I think I'm a bit easily annoyed these days. And I feel impatient to get to the good part of the book (hoping/wishing that in fact there is a good part and a happy ending). I'm messed up, I know. Can't help it.

Finally, the ending was delicious. I loved it! Jordan is just so cute, sweet and romantic, he had my heart melted like hot chocolate. Mmmhh, yeah, he is like dark, hot chocolate on your tongue. Strong, hot, soft, sweet but not too sweet, exciting delight.
As for the other characters: Riley was nice and a good friend. Same for Gracie. I was actually surprised about her and Vivian loyalty to Maysie. Nice! Eli grossed and creeped me out a bit. But surprised me when he told Maysie all those nice and smart things. What kind of weed did he smoke then? I'm curious. Olivia was a selfish b*tch. And Milla was a total b*tch and hypocrite. And very evil. Actually, Evil incarnate.

All in all, a nice read. And an original story, in a sort of way.
3 points for the first 3/4 of the story. And another 0.25 points for the ending.
 

 A total of 

***3.25 stars***

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento