giovedì 17 gennaio 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Existence

Title: Existence
Author: Abbi Glines
Series: Existence Trilogy (Book One)




Description:

What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.


Review:

 Oh, how I enjoyed this book! And how much I cried! God, I looked like a desperate widow! Couldn't stop my tears at the sadness of Pagan's situation. It was so sad and sweet.
I fell in love with Death too. As I said in other reviews, there's something about Death that draws me. I am fascinated and a little addicted.

At first I liked Leif. A little more than Death. And I'm talking about until the accident. But after then... I sighed in pleasure at how sweet it was of Death playing a Lullaby for Pagan in the hospital at night. And afer then too. It was so hot how possessive and protective he was toward Pagan. And it was so sad their forbidden love. I cried so much, my eyes hurt.
I'm still all wrapped up this book and I can't really write any more without giving away too much and spoil the fun for people who wants to read this book.
I can only say, I loved it immensely! But be prepared for a flow of tears. It touched my heart in a way I both like and fear in a book. It scares me how I can touched emotionally so deeply reading a book. I'm not usually the type of girl who cries watching movies, unless it really is terribly sad. But lately I found out I can get deeply touched by a book. It's probably because it's much more intense than a movie. Especially when written in first person. It describes so well how the character feels that I become one with them.

Back to this book, highly recommended! You'll like it!


***4 stars*** 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento