sabato 19 gennaio 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Checkmate

Title: Checkmate
Author: R.L. Mathewson
Series: A Neighbor From Hell (Book Three)




Description:

This is Book 3 in "A Neighbor From Hell" series but can be read as a stand alone.

There’s nothing worse than living next door to your childhood nemesis, except maybe being forced to share your dream project with him, being blackmailed into going along with something that was just wrong on so many levels, and having your hot cocoa stolen by the person that drove you to drink it in the first place.

As long as she has plenty of hot cocoa, a pair of pliers on hand and is able to resist Connor O’Neil’s bad boy charm then Rory James should be able to make it through this project with her sanity intact. If not…..

She’d probably face a few more nights in jail, have a few more restraining orders slapped against her and lose her heart to the man that ruined her life.


Review:

 Oh my f*cking God! I liked this book sooo much!
It made me smile, laugh, shed a few tears, made me say "Awww! sweet!", made me say "You asshole!", made me hot, made me mad, annoyed, and it got on my nerves sometimes. But I enjoyed this book!
I loved Rory. She really amused the hell out of me sometimes. I liked that she was a tough woman and didn't let people mess with her. Liked that she was ready to work her ass hard and didn't let others tell her what to do. And most importantly, she was a hot chocolate addict! Like me! I wanna marry this woman! (Just kidding, I like men!)
I hated the hell out of Connor for about half of the book (and mostly in the first half) and thought that he was a big jerk. And an idiot. But I also could see the sweet side of him and that he really loved Rory. But I still wanted to kick his ass some times.
Their fighting and trying to get on each others nerves was amusing, most of the time. And especially Rory going for his nipples! Hahahaha! I laughed my panties off the first time I read that.
Their moments as a couple were hot and very much entertaining. At the beginning it was rather hilarious that they fought against their attracction to each other, saying they kissed only for the deal. And then, they started to get very hot and it was just Wow! And it was obvious that they cared for each other in a way that they didn't realize yet.
It was sweet of Connor taking care of Rory after the accident. That's when I started to like him a little. Though he kind of disappointed me a bit afterwards.
Seeing their relationship change and their feelings grow was fun and sweet and I enjoyed it.
And it was equally sweet what Rory did for Andrew. And for Connor, since I think she did it mostly to make Connor happy and show him her love and that she cared.
Rory's brothers were scary as hell. And the Bradfords were hilarious.
I found myself liking Andrew at one point. And Rory's father wasn't all that bad.
I didn't particularly like Jacob.
The ending was fun and sweet. I love Rory and Connor as a couple. They crack me up.
All in all, a good read and recommended!


***4 stars***  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento