venerdì 7 dicembre 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Putting Boys On The Ledge

Title: Putting Boys On The Ledge
Author: Stephanie Rowe
Series: The Girlfriend's Guide To Boys (Book One)




Description:

Meet Blueberry Waller, whose name is the only interesting thing about her life. Until now.

Not only is Blue dealing with the worst name in the world, crazy parents and a clingy younger sister, she just got a part in the school play. And now she’s acting with Heath Cavendish, total crush-worthy senior. He would never give a second look to a girl like Blue. Except he has.

Her friends say Blue should play it cool, put Heath on the Ledge so she can keep the upper hand. Trouble is, she doesn’t know how to be clever around boys. Thankfully her pal Colin offers his help in teaching her how to get the guy. But he’s just being a good friend. Isn’t he?

Suddenly the wallflower is getting all the attention. But will being in the spotlight keep Blue from making the right decisions...for her?

A Girlfriend’s Guide to Boys: For these four friends, understanding the world of boys is only half the battle.


Review:

 Oh my God, I loved this book! I didn't think I would when I first started reading it, but after a few chapters I was totally into it! Hooked and glued to the pages and couldn't stop reading! I had to finish it!
Blue, the main female character here, was a nice girl, lovely, maybe a bit crazy, shy, and I loved the scene in the theater with Heath. She totally rocked! Go girl!
At first, I admit, I was charmed by Heath, but then he ended up being kind of Yuck and a jerk. What with what happened that Friday night at the games and all. I didn't like him much then, especially when Colin appeared in the story. I was totally lost. He was so cute, sweet, caring, sexy... perfect! I was definitely in love with him! And I was annoyed that Blue couldn't see it at first. She was so totally taken by Heath's charms that couldn't see how perfect and awesome Colin was.
I loved the scene of Blue's first kiss with Colin! I was, like, "Oh my God, this is so cute! And hot!" I had to go and read it again, and again. It was awesome! What a kiss!
I also liked all her girlfriends (though maybe Allie not as much as the others). Very cute and really good friends.
Blue's parets were... well, "weird" doesn't even start to cover it. But also kind of funny.
The whole book was kind of funny. I found myself smiling or even actually chuckling often throughout the book. And I like a book that makes me smile or laugh.
I really enjoyed the read and I would recommend it, even though it might seem for a very young audience (the main characters were all between 14 and 17 years old), it's still a fun read and it was nice to going back to when I was still an inexperienced and naive teenager. I think anyone could enjoy the read too.


***4 stars***

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento