mercoledì 5 dicembre 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Cursed

Title: Cursed
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout




Description:

Dying sucks - and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things - including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he’s a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she’s more than interested. There’s just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, she’s willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't?

But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, she’s not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.


Review:

Beautiful! I loved it!
It was emotionally intense. Painful. Touching. Scary. Sad. Full of love. Trust was at trial everyday. I found myself feeling how Ember felt. The hurt, sense of betrayal, love, fear, sadness, sense of lost. Everything.
I was devastated about what happened with Adam and it was very painful. I liked him a lot. He was so sweet.
I found myself also not trusting Hayden completely. I liked him, but I still felt like I didn't know him very well and his past, as well as everyone else's, was a mystery, until the end.
I didn't really like Cromwell. Actually, I didn't trust him one bit. Especially in the end, what with all those "projects" and the scene in the hospital. I guess there will be a sequel?
Anyway, as for the other kids, I liked Parker, for what I've seen, which wasn't much, but he was nice. I didn't like Phoebe, she was spoiled and mean, and utterly crazy. Part for her jealousy, part for her gift. Gabe and Kurt were criptic. One time they were mean, then they were almost nice. But at least I know they aren't evil. They were just afraid and distrustful. But I think they're coming to start liking Ember a little bit. We'll see.
Olivia was an amazing little girl. I liked her, except when she went crazy and get into a tantrum. Wnated to slap the hell out of her then. But it was clear the two sisters loved each other immensely.
I loved Ember and Hayden's relationship and how it grew. It wasn't easy. Most of the time it was a struggle and they had to learn to trust each other completely. I hated when they fought and it was painful seeing them not talking and then Ember getting jealous of Phoebe and the fact she could touch Hayden.
I was also proud of Ember for keeping on trying to control her gift and finally believe she could do it and it wasn't a curse but a gift.
To sum it up, I enjoyed it a lot! You just have to read it!


***4 stars***

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento