martedì 27 novembre 2012

BOOK REVIEW: The Marriage Bargain

Title: The Marriage Bargain
Author: Jennifer Probst
Series: Marriage To A Billionaire (Book One)




Description:

A marriage in name only...

To save her family home, impulsive bookstore owner, Alexa Maria McKenzie, casts a love spell. But she never planned on conjuring up her best friend's older brother—the powerful man who once shattered her heart.

Billionaire Nicholas Ryan doesn’t believe in marriage, but in order to inherit his father’s corporation, he needs a wife and needs one fast. When he discovers his sister’s childhood friend is in dire financial straits, he offers Alexa a bold proposition.

A marriage in name only with certain rules: avoid entanglement. Keep things all business. Do not fall in love. The arrangement is only for a year so the rules shouldn’t be that hard to follow, right?

Except fate has a way of upsetting the best-laid plans…


Review:

I loved this book! Kept me glued to the pages all the time.
I liked Alexa and Nick's relationship and how it grew in depth with each passing day.
I didn't like Nick at first, in fact I often wanted to hit him with a baseball bat in the head. You couldn't even start to count the times he screwed up or almost did. But as the hard wall around his heart started to lower I got to like him bit by bit. The scene with him and the little girl, Taylor, was priceless.
And there were some steamy hot scenes between Nick and Alexa.... wow! I don't even know how I kept in check my own hormones then. My blood was boiling in my veins. I love it when a book has that effect on me!
The only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars is that it wasn't very surprising. I often kind of knew already what would happen before it actually happened. But still, a very good read and I enjoyed it! 


***4 stars*** 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento