giovedì 20 dicembre 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Pretend

Title: Pretend
Author: Sharlay
Series: Pretend (Book One)




Description:

When April's boyfriend, Kyle breaks up with her she is heart broken. She can't seem to get over him, but when her best friend's brother poses as her boyfriend at a party to make Kyle jealous and it works, she hatches the perfect plan or so she thinks...Sometimes pretending isn't the best game to play especially when pretending can become real and especially when you're pretending with your best friend's brother.


Review:

 It was not what I expected. In a sort of a good way.
Although it took me a while to get into it, and the grammar errors and some missing punctuation did annoy me quite a bit, I liked the book as I started to get hooked by the story. And I LOVED Aiden with all my heart. He was so sweet and caring and sexy and passionate and everything! Even though sometimes I wanted to slap him for his stupidity and stubborness (such as not listening to reasons and running away without asking for an explanation), he was obviously a really nice guy. And Him and April were just so cute together and right for each other!
All the kids were fun and I found myself chuckling at some very hilarious scene.
Jess cracked me up, as well as Anthony. They were funny.
April was cute and very nice and a kind girl with a big heart.
Crystal, I liked her, although sometimes she was really nosy. But she was a really amazing best friend.
Jake creeped me out.
Kyle, at first I didn't like him, but then as he started to change after April told that sad thing, I got to like him a little. And what he did for April and Aiden was just the sweetest and bravest thing ever. And after the accident, I liked the way Kyle and Aiden became friends. What they had was really special.
I liked how it ended but reading the plot for next book (Make Believe) annoyed the hell out of me. I'm not really looking forward to reading it. I can't see the reason why you should put so many complications in a couple's love life. Leave them alone, dude! They deserve some peace and a happily ever after. Not some nasty b*tch getting her paws between them.
Anyway, all in all a good book.


***3.5 stars***  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento