giovedì 14 novembre 2013

BOOK REVIEW: How To Date A Nerd

Title: How To Date A Nerd
Author: Cassie Mae
Series: How To (Book One)






Description:

 Zoe has a great pair of legs, perky boobs, and wears exactly what she needs to show it all off. She works hard for the easy sleazy ‘you only wish you were me’ reputation, burying who she really is—an all-out nerd.

The only time Zoe gets to be herself is when she hides under her comforter to read X-Men comics, sending jealousy stabs at everyone who attends Comic-Con. Keeping up her popular rep is too important, and she’s so damn insecure to care about the consequences. But when Zoe’s sister takes her car for a ‘crash and burn into a tree’ joyride, her parents get her a replacement. A manual. Something she doesn’t know how to operate, but her next door neighbor Zak sure as heck does.

Zak’s a geek to the core, shunned by everyone in school for playing Dungeons and Dragons at lunch and wearing “Use the Force” t-shirts. And Zoe’s got it bad for the boy. Only Zak doesn’t want Popular Zoe. He wants Geek Zoe.

She has to shove her insecurities and the fear of dropping a few rungs on the social ladder aside to prove to Zak who she really is and who she wants to be… if she can figure it out herself.


Review:

I loved this book! And I loved Zak!
This book was amazing! Made me chuckle many times, made me cry two or three times, made me want to slap Zoe and yell at her most of the time, made me hot as hell, made me want to kiss Zak and jump his bones more than a few times (yeah, I know, he's too young for me, but I think I fell in love with him just a little), he was so sweet and adorable! And I couldn't help but see him through Zoe's eyes and agree with her.
I couldn't agree with Zoe on other things though. I totally wanted to hit her head very hard when she treated him like sh@t and hurt him that time at school. She SO deserved to be beaten unconscios then! God, how hurt he was and I wanted to cuddle him! I can't bear to see sad and hurt puppy eyes! He was so cute! I don't know how she could stand seeing him in pain!
I didn't like Ariana. She was a little bit hateful. Or might be my jealousy talking. You know, with me being a little in love with Zak and all. Or maybe I just connected to Zoe so well, I really felt what she did. Although I couldn't stand that she hurt him and I wanted to slap her for not being stronger and do the right thing.
I liked Levi and he ended up being a nice guy and a good friend. All the contrary to how behaved Hope and Keira. Which I knew would happen. It was clear they weren't true friends to Zoe.
I chuckled like crazy at Zoe moaning in embarrassing times, like at the Hair Salon. Too funny!
I felt hot and a hormonal mess when they were having that first driving lesson in the car. And even worse when they kissed in his room and sort of made out a little. Pants on fire! Face flaming! Wow!
I cried when they were embracing and crying while waiting for Ariana to pick them up. I cried an other couple of times I won't tell or I 'll have to give away too much. Just you need to know this book made me an emotional mess. An emotional teenage mess. An I'm SO NOT a teenage girl anymore. I'm almost Thirty for God's sake! But I felt like a teenage girl again. Or maybe I never really grew up...? Debatable.
I totally recommend this book, to anyone who wants to have a fun and cute read with a rollercoaster of emotions!


***4 stars*** 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento