martedì 22 gennaio 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Karma Bites

Title: Karma Bites
Author: Nyrae Dawn




Description:

 "Whoever said, 'parents are always right' really should have thought that one through. After all, my mom believes in vampires. Go figure."

All Abigail Thompson ever wanted was to be considered normal. Instead, she ended up a loner with a vampire–obsessed mom and a stamp labeling her the resident freak of Karma, California.

When bad boy Caleb Evans saves Abby from a mean girl attack straight out of a “B” movie, Abby’s own karma starts to improve. Maybe “normal” could become her way of life, after all. But Caleb isn’t the only boy to notice her. Once newcomer Gabriel Chambers becomes Abby’s new best friend, she finds herself trapped between two boys, both holding secrets. And when Abby learns sometimes things really do go bump in the night, she discovers one of those secrets could just get her killed.


Review:

The book I read before this, I couldn't wait for it to end.
Reading this book instead, I didn't want it to end. I couldn't put it down. Except for dinner. And when the end has come, I couldn't believe I was already done. I wanted more. And I wasn't really satisfied about how it ended. I'm hoping for a sequel. I want more of Caleb and Abby. Oh, especially of Caleb. Right, I fell in love with him, like, immediately. He was so cute and so sweet! And he was a little mysterious and looked dangerous, when in reality he was all but. He was a real good guy and very protective and sweet. And, as Abby said, DELICIOUS!
I enjoyed so much their kisses too. Mmmmhh... so hot and sweet ant the same time!
I liked Abby, she's very nice, a good girl and brave. But still a little naive and I also didn't like some of her behaviours toward Caleb. She should have trusted him more. But still, a good main character.
My favorite is obviously Caleb, for all the reasons I listed above. I totally loved him! He was swoon-worthy! Sigh!
I didn't like Gabe from the start. I knew there was just something wrong with him. And I trusted Caleb in his judgement. Even in the end, I still couldn't let myslef like Gabe. He's brought too much pain.
I loved Christopher, Abby's dad, too! Really sweet and a great guy. I definitely want to read more of him too.
Abby's mom was okay, though kind of suffocating at times. I could understand her fears, but still... poor Abby, it was never easy for her. A good mom, though.
Stacy and her friends were just little evil girls.
Isaac was total evil, instead.
The story was good and fast-paced. It was never boring and there was always a little surprise or new event throwing Abby off balance. Not that she wasn't used to it already.  


***3.5 stars***

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento