venerdì 14 settembre 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Touch The Dark

Title: Touch The Dark
Author: Karen Chance
Series: Cassandra Palmer (Book One)



Description:

 Cassandra Palmer can see the future and communicate with spirits-talents that make her attractive to the dead and the undead. The ghosts of the dead aren’t usually dangerous; they just like to talk... a lot. The undead are another matter.

Like any sensible girl, Cassie tries to avoid vampires. But when the bloodsucking Mafioso she escaped three years ago finds Cassie again with vengeance on his mind, she’s forced to turn to the vampire Senate for protection. The undead senators won’t help her for nothing, and Cassie finds herself working with one of their most powerful members, a dangerously seductive master vampire-and the price he demands may be more than Cassie is willing to pay...


Review:
 
I must say, I thought it would be better than that.
The first half of the book bored me to death. I couldn't get myself to be taken by the story. And, admittedly, I can't remember much of it. There were some things I could not give a crap. Too much history. If I wanted a lesson in history I would have chosen some other book. I wanted to read a urban fantasy/paranormal romance book. And I wanted to enjoy it. I wanted to like the chracters. I wanted to get in the character and feel as if I was living their life. As if I was living that moment. But none of those things happened. And the only character I somewhat liked, ended up being one of the bad guys instead. What the hell why???!!! *sigh* Never mind.
The last half of the book wasn't all that bad as the first half, but still... wasn't what I expected from reading the plot.
I can't say I'm waiting to read the next book in the series. I'll keep it on hold for now. Maybe I will like the next books better, I don't know. But if they keep the same pace as this one... well, I doubt I'll get to like them better.
Rating it 3 stars, but not sure it would be an even lower rating, like 2.75 stars instead.

***2.75 - 3 stars***

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento